The 2016 Youth Worktrip is Full
• We will be commissioned at the end of the 9:30 am worship service on JUNE 5. There will be a meeting for YOUTH AND PARENTS following the service in the Cellar.
• CLICK HERE
for the packet containing packing and flight information.
FOR PARTICIPANTS OF THE YOUTH SUMMER SERVICE TRIPS
• CLICK HERE if you are willing to bring snacks or other goodies during the Garage Sale pick-ups, set-ups or on the Garage Sale days.
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO WORK 3 SHIFTS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE WORKTRIPS
1. A parent and teen works either Saturday, April 16 from 10:00am – 1:00pm
OR an afternoon shift from 1:30 – 4:30pm
OR Sunday, April 17 from 12:00-4:30pm.
2. A parent and teen works one night shift the week of Monday, April 18-Friday, April 22 from 6:30-8:30pm. The shift on Friday night April 22 will be part of the early-bird sale from 5:30-7:30pm. (There are limited number of spots for this Friday night shift.)
3. A parent and teen works one of the two shifts on April 23 the day of the garage sale. The morning shift is 8:00am-1:00pm or the afternoon shift is 12:30-5:30pm.
63nd Annual Youth Worktrip
with Montview Boulevard Presbyterian Church
Graduated 8th graders through graduated High School Seniors
Kingston – Ochos Rios – Montego Bay
June 19-June 29, 2016
We invite you to join us in partnering with Hellshire United Church in Kingston, Jamaica for the Senior High Youth, MOB Worktrip June 19-June 29, 2016. We will be working construction on a multi-purpose three level facility for education for special needs people, skills training, a counseling center, senior citizens meetings, and disaster shelter. When our work is done for the day we will have the opportunity to visit with members of this faith community as well as explore the food & cultural sites of Kingston and the surrounding area. At the end of our one week of work we will travel to Ochos Rios and Montego Bay to experience the rhythms, beauty, historical sites, cultural experiences and beach-time Jamaica has to offer. A U.S. Passport is required.
($200 deposit with registration by January 15)
• All meals in country (travel days you cover food expense)
• 10 days lodging
• In country transportation
• Worktrip teeshirt
Please sign the registration form and send in with your $200 deposit by January 15, 2016.
A U.S. Passport is required.
To participate on this trip you must be willing to attend the fundraisers and work the garage sale pick-ups (April 16, 17), set-ups (April 18-22), and day of sale on April 23, 2016. Failure to be present will result in an increase in cost of this trip.