Safety Committee: email@example.com
Summary of Safety Procedures for Children’s Programs
- Background checks are completed for paid and volunteer Sunday School and childcare staff members
- Childcare staff are certified in First Aid and CPR.
- Orientation and training are provided to all paid and volunteer Sunday School and childcare staff members.
- Parents are asked to complete sign-in and sign-out logs at all Children’s Programs
- If someone other than a parent is picking up a child, parents are asked to inform the program leader and record on the sign-in/sign-out log.
- Program leaders are asked to familiarize themselves with adults who drop off and pick up children.
- Child care providers and volunteers are not put into a circumstance where there is only one adult and one child present.
- Program staffing and organization is built around this rule with two adults scheduled for every Sunday School class and child care group.
- Diaper changes are always done in large group commons spaces
- Bathroom doors are always left open
- Children are given bathroom assistance only if they request it.