Montview Boulevard Presbyterian Church is accepting applications for:
Position: Mission Life Coordinator
Accountability: Reports to Co-Pastor in Charge of Mission
Objective or Purpose of Position:
This role supports the chair of Mission Life and the Mission Life Committee in the smooth functioning of Montview’s many mission activities within the church and with local and global organizations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and support the grant process by which individuals and organizations request funding from Montview. (e.g., provide grant request forms, track incoming applications, and communicate approvals.)
- Attend monthly Mission Life Committee meetings.
- Attend meetings of internal mission activities on quarterly basis (WHI, Habitat, etc.)
- Work with the Director of Finance and the Executive Director to ensure smooth and transparent approval and transfer of grant monies and other expenditures.
- Support communication through the bulletin, Messenger, etc., to inform the congregation of mission work being done through Montview.
- Maintain a monthly calendar to provide space in the Commons for various mission entities to provide information on their efforts to the congregation.
- Gather and maintain data on mission activities (e.g., numbers served and the extend of Montview involvement) and collect stories in preparation for Annual Report.
- Customer Service skills
- Communication skillset both written and verbal
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite
- Multitasking and organization skills
- Flexible schedule
- Must be able to pass background check
- Experience in Social Justice ministry preferred
Work Schedule: Flexible, average 8 hours per week
Salary: $15 hourly
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Ian Cummins at email@example.com.